A 33-year-old Sawla-based commercial bus driver, Issahaka Tahiru is currently in police cells for allegedly robbing a mobile money vendor and a seamstress in the Sawla Tuna Kalba District.
His five other accomplices, names withheld are on the run and are being pursued by the Sawla Police Command in the Savannah Region.
Sources within the Police revealed that the accused, Issahaku Tahiru who pleaded guilty when he appeared before a Tamale Circuit Court, together with his accomplices and made away with GHS28,005 in cash.
But luck eluded him when a mobile phone found at the scene of the crime by the two complainants was presented to the Police and he was later arrested from his hideout at Tuna.
In an interview with JoyNews, the Sawla Tuna Kalba District Police Commander, ASP Adjei Degraft Armah recounted the incident adding; “a complaint was lodged by Joshua Taryen, a mobile money vendor and Vida Uzorkyin, a seamstress both from Gindabor.”
He said the accused person, Issahaku Tahiru mobilised the five others and attacked the two complainants living in the same house.
The District Commander said he quickly mobilised men on the ground and stormed Tuna where the accused was arrested.
According to the police, the money was retrieved from a kettle in a bathroom where the accused was hiding it.
He said they later followed up on the five accomplices he mentioned who are all, on the run.
Meanwhile, the court has set aside April 10, 2021 for judgement.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses African teams’ performance in 2022 World Cup
- Let’s collaborate to strengthen bargaining position on gold pricing – Lands Minister to South African delegation
- Economic Management Team has failed us miserably – Mona Quartey
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Don’t criticise people who give thanks to God! — Bishop Saah warns
- Immediately exempt pension funds from debt exchange programme – GMA tells government
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- GSTEP team transforming plastic wastes into plastic houses
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Virologist alarmed over typhoid drug resistance; says vaccine is needed
- 2022 World Cup: Morocco beat Spain on penalties to book quarterfinal spot
- Transforming women health leadership for improved health outcomes
- Not one pesewa of pension funds will be lost to Debt Restructuring Programme – TUC
- Building a Village Dream premieres Dec. 8 on Joy Prime
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line