There is an ongoing debate between the two main political parties over a video that has surfaced which shows President Nana Akufo-Addo receiving money.
The NDC says it is a bribe while the NPP has countered that it is a donation towards the party’s 2016 campaign.
At a press conference on Wednesday, the biggest opposition party said the president took the $40,000 bribe from the wife of the Director of Urban Roads to keep him in office.
But the governing party has discounted this saying it is another NDC attempt clutching at straws leading to the December polls.
Deputy Campaign Manager of the party, Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, said at a press briefing on Wednesday that the said video is doctored to suit the narrative which is being propagated.
Joining the fray, the Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) has dragged President Akufo-Addo to the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ).
Stay with myjoyonline.com for real-time updates on what is new on the country’s political scene.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices
- Policy rate increase will exacerbate challenges confronting businesses, hamper growth and employment – GNCCI
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris