Recently, it has become known that due to the worsening security situation in West Africa, Equatorial Guinea is looking for new partners who will help them protect their country from terrorist forces that are moving towards Equatorial Guinea.
In July this year, the Vice-President of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Nguema Obiang, visited Israel to meet with the representatives of different private security companies.
However, according to the military source close to the Equatoguinean government, they did not manage to clinch a deal, as the Israeli part jacked up the price.
The situation is very challenging for the government of Equatorial Guinea, as its relations with Western powers are at a low ebb.
France and the United Kingdom have imposed anti-corruption sanctions on Vice President Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue for corruption and embezzlement of public funds.
It not only reduces the chances of military assistance from the West if the terrorists rush into the Republic of Equatorial Guinea but also makes Equatorial Guinea an undesirable partner for weaker players.
One of the obvious decisions in such a situation would be to turn to another global power beyond the control of the West and experienced in the anti-terrorist activity.
Russia has recently proved that it has a lot to offer to the African continent and has already built several fruitful cooperation alliances with African countries.
According to the insight from investigative journalist Omar Ingassoou, the Equatoguinean officials made a clandestine visit to Russia in mid-September 2021.
Omar notes that P4SKN aircraft, a government plane, landed in Moscow.
He also notes that another plane (3C-ONM) of Equatorial Guinea landed in Moscow two weeks before P4SKN.
This information proves the rumours that the Equatoguinean side was seeking a meeting with the Russian to negotiate cooperation that would strengthen the national forces in their fight against the terrorist threat.
The information has not yet been made public, but it is a matter of time when the further development of the negotiation process will become known.
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- NSMQ 2023: Adiembra SHS triumphs in intense contest, Huni Valley SHS miss the mark
- NSMQ 2023: Archbishop Porter Girls’ SHS strangle Ahantaman SHS in tight contest
- New report reveals over 90% of households without toilet facilities resort to open defecation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’: Blind 17-year-old singer earns Simon Cowell’s golden buzzer
- Net enrolment in basic school declines – ISSER report
- Real Madrid agree €100m deal to sign Jude Bellingham from Dortmund
- Car snatcher jailed 20 years
- Attorney General hints at bill to reform justice delivery system
- Photos: AMA officials eject squatters from walkways at Nkrumah Circle
- Over 3,000 refugees from Burkina Faso registered – Ghana Refugees Board
- CNN Chairman and CEO Chris Licht is out
- Nicki Minaj sued for allegedly damaging borrowed jewellery
- ISSER report reveals significant gaps in healthcare facilities while Agenda 111 completion faces delay
- Lionel Messi to join MLS side Inter Miami
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice