Labour expert and CEO of Gamey and Gamey Group, a labour consultancy firm has criticised government’s defence of issuing accrued leave to the Auditor General (A-G), Daniel Domelevo, based on precedence.
According to Austin Gamey, leave is not intended to be accumulated because failing to take a compulsory should amount totally forfeiting it.
“I don’t know why political office holders want to assume the role of HR people. It is wrong.”
“Error means error period. Error carried over into today means error. What is it about quoting some law or judgment. If it’s wrong it’s wrong,” he said on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show on Monday.
President Nana Addo directed Daniel Domelevo to take an initial accrued leave of 123 days.
Director of Communications at the Jubilee House in a statement said Mr Domelevo is expected to begin the leave on Wednesday July 1, 2020.
Austin stated that the essence of going on a leave is to give the employee a chance to rejuvenate.
However, if is accrued for such a large number of days, it implies that the services of the individual is no longer required.
“We are simply not managing the leave matter very well. The HR prepares the leave roster by November-December and before the year ends, that becomes the master leave roster to be religiously applied through the office of the Human Resource Management,” he told host, Kojo Yankson.
Meanwhile, the acting Johnson Akuamoah Asiedu has taken over the duties of Mr Domelevo in his absence.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- “We’ve had some discussions about set pieces”- Otto Addo
- Uganda Ebola cases rise amid 23 deaths – WHO
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on
- KiDi, Kuami Eugene wrap up Europe tour with 3 shows in one night
- ‘I’m not worried’ – Otto Addo on Black Stars form
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- KiDi releases ‘4Play’ EP with voice notes to fans
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Newly-inducted engineers advised to maintain professional standards