The Tesano Squash Club on Friday, May 5, held the closing ceremony of the fourth round of the All-Comers League, played at the Dimpson Memorial Challenge Cup.
The tournament, dubbed “An Evening of Unsung Heroes,” was played by rising semi-professional squash players and club players in memory of Ghanaian squash player, Nii Dodoo Dimpson.
The late Dodoo Dimpson, who won multiple Squash Masters Tournaments, passed away on September 19th, 2022, in a tragic domestic accident.
At the end of the competition, prizes were given out to the winners while all participants also received a certificate of participation.
Evans Edem Ayih came up top and received a coveted trophy and a cash prize of 2000 Ghana cedis while Richard Abagna, who came up second also got a trophy and 1500 Ghana cedis as his prize.
The third position went to Clement Anafo, who received a 1000 Ghana cedis cash prize.
Ernest Anafo received a prize for the tournament’s Best Pay while the Fair Play went to Fiifi Aidoo.
A member of Nii Dodoo Dimpson’s family was at the Dimpson Memorial Challenge Cup to present the award to the hero of the competition who earned the most points over the course of the matches played in the event.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Nigeria’s fuel subsidy: How the new president has shocked the nation
- Debt ceiling deal: US House overwhelmingly passes bill
- The Truman Show: Has a film ever predicted the future so accurately?
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Ukraine war: Children die in new missile attack on Kyiv
- IMF should ask government how it has managed natural resources – Dr. Ashigbey
- Why the ‘back-up career’ is moving further out of reach
- People of Bawku admonished to give peace a chance
- Tano River more polluted than it was a year ago – Erastus Asare Donkor
- US actor Danny Masterson found guilty on two rape counts
- Lower rate of Early Warning System implementation in Africa is a concern – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
- Government is emboldening illegal miners – Dr Pelpuo
- Resurgence of galamsey a testament of government failure – Dr. Pelpuo