Audio By Carbonatix
Portuguese maestro Luis Figo has heavily criticised former club Real Madrid for the vast sums of money spent to bring new talent to the Bernabeu this month.
Los Merengues have splashed out incredible sums of money to lure Brazilian Kaka and Ballon d’Or holder Cristiano Ronaldo to La Liga in an attempt to oust rivals Barcelona from their perch both domestically and in Europe.
However Figo, who himself endured a spell as the world’s most expensive player when he moved to Real Madrid for £37m in 2000, reckons that given the current financial climate, Perez’s spending policy is outrageous.
Goal.com Spain reports that the 36-year old commented, “In times of crisis in the world, the figures being spent by Real Madrid at the moment is shameful.
“Kaka and Cristiano [Ronaldo] are both great players, but they have paid a lot of money for them.”
In addition, Figo commented on former team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has previously been linked with a move to Barcelona, with speculation in today’s press suggest that Real Madrid are also considering a move for the front-man.
Figo said simply of the speculation, “In the years I’ve played at Inter Milan he has played very well and has grown as a player. He now must choose what option suits him best.”
The former Portuguese international retired from football at the end of the season following a glittering career both in Spain and Italy.
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
1 minute -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
11 minutes -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
29 minutes -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
36 minutes -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
41 minutes -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
43 minutes -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
46 minutes -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
50 minutes -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
53 minutes -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
56 minutes -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, calls for urgent environmental action
59 minutes -
TMA holds first ordinary meeting, discusses development, challenges, progress
1 hour -
PAC calls for closure of livestock market near the national mosque
1 hour -
Security agencies don’t need my permission to arrest you – Speaker Bagbin to MPs
1 hour -
Ghana and Togo strengthen cooperation on security, trade and regional development
1 hour