Residents of Fomena in the Ashanti Region have called on their Member of Parliament, Andrew Amoako Asiamah to quickly commence projects in the constituency.
Barely a week after Mr Asiamah was sworn-in on January 7, his constituents have enumerated infrastructural projects which they believe will give the community a facelift
“Our roads are not good, even some villages are not having schools, so now that our MP is a Speaker, we are praying that he can serve the community,” one resident said.
According to the constituents, although it is an honour to have their representative play leadership role in the House, the constituency requires immediate attention.
Some of them told JoyNews, “we are more than happy he got the Second Deputy Speaker because we were not expecting such a position to be given to him.”
“No Fomena MP has ever been a Deputy Minister more so a 2nd Deputy Speaker of Parliament, so we are very happy.”
Upon winning the parliamentary seat, Mr. Asaimah thanked his constituents for their immense support .
He also pledged to come through on his promise of making Fomena envy of other constituencies in the country.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Dr. John Kofi Mensah retires as MD of ADB Plc
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Insurance Premiums for all category of policy holders up from today
- You won’t get new loans if you don’t pay existing ones – BoG to consumers
- 2023 Budget: PwC pushes for review of VAT, other policy measures
- ADB’s loan to agric sector hits ¢1bn
- Nigeria to abolish English in junior school
- Mary Afia Kesewaa (Awo Yaa)￼
- DR Congo leader using crisis to delay polls – Kagame
- Kwesi Agyare’s art exhibition attracting patrons and influencing mindsets in the US
- Agriculture sector grew from 7.4 per cent in 2020 to 8.4 per cent in 2021 – Agric Minister
- Nigerian student Aminu Adamu Mohammed accused of defaming Aisha Buhari
- One killed in robbery attack on Bimbilla-Accra road