The Central Regional Police Command has assured the public of swift investigations into the alleged discharge of firearms without lawful authority by ace Comedian, Benson Boateng, also known as ‘Funny Face.’
The Command is also investigating his alleged molestations by police officers dispatched to arrest him following a complaint by a resident of Kasoa in the Central Region about the alleged firing of a gun by Funny Face.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Irene Serwaah Oppong, Head of the Regional Public Affairs Unit disclosed this to the GNA Entertainment.
She explained that the Regional Command’s attention was drawn to a video that had gone viral on social media with the caption: “I was brutally beaten by Kasoa police and arrested”.
In the said video, two police officers were seen attempting to arrest Mr. Boateng, but he resisted, DSP Oppong said.
DSP Oppong denied the allegations that the comedian was brutalised by the police, saying “the comedian failed to state the true facts of the case”.
Giving details about the incident, she said on Monday, February 8, 2021, the Millennium City Police Command received a complaint from Ex WO1 Charles Akwasi Owusu, a resident of Millennium City.
According to Owusu, at about 0330 hours, Funny Face went to his drinking spot and there was a misunderstanding between Funny Face and one Mr.James Akariboro, the bar attendant which led to a fight after which Funny Face rushed into his car for a pomp action gun and gave four warning shots.
Police officers were detailed to arrest funny Face but he resisted and moved towards his car.
According to DSP Oppong, the arresting officers applied the police minimum force required to effect the arrest and sent him to the Millennium City Police station where he was detained and granted police inquiry bail the following day.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills