Audio By Carbonatix
Legislator for Keta constituency Richard Quarshigah says the country needs a stable, non-political long-term plan if will develop successfully.
He says the repeated abandoning of various development plans by successive governments over the years is not healthy for the country.
Mr Quarshigah observes that it is out of place that every new government that gets elected chooses to roll out brand new development plans usually different from the one existent before.
In the second edition of his series on whether Ghana is a focused country, he chronicled how several development plans over the years had been abandoned despite the huge taxpayer money invested in them.
He mentioned that there was a development blueprint in 1995 developed by the Rawlings regime that was not pursued by the Kufuor administration which introduced the Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategies 1 and 2.
Then, the Mills-Mahama administration upon taking over power developed a 40-year development plan which has been abandoned since 2017 to make way for the new 100 development plan by the Akufo-Addo administration.
“Progressive nations work with long term development plans,” Mr Quarshigah noted.
Latest Stories
-
OSP goofed and must tell Ghanaians the truth – Frank Davies reacts to Red Notice decision
4 minutes -
Today’s Front Pages: Monday, February 16, 2026
18 minutes -
‘Victory in 2028 won’t be gifted to us’ – Bawumia urges discipline, unity in NPP
45 minutes -
Lordina Mahama announces completion of 3 modern maternity and children’s wards
48 minutes -
IOM, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd partner to boost financial literacy for Ghanaian returnees
51 minutes -
There is nothing wrong with being arrested as a politician – Afenyo-Markin urges NPP unity
53 minutes -
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
56 minutes -
GNFS prevents petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
1 hour -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
1 hour -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
2 hours -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
2 hours -
Suspect in Zebilla police robbery and murder arrested
2 hours -
‘I am safe and recovering well’ – Mohammed Sukparu reassures public after accident
2 hours -
Bawumia thanks liaisons nationwide
2 hours -
Africa must industrialise through green transition – AGN Chair
2 hours
