Ghana have been drawn into Group C of qualification for 2021 Africa Cup of Nations along with South Africa and Sudan.
The winner of preliminary round qualifier between Mauritius and Sao Tome & Principe will complete the group.
The draw took place in Cairo on Thursday evening ahead of this year’s final between Senegal and Algeria.
The Black Stars were seeded as one of the top teams for the draw despite failing to reach the quarter-finals in Egypt. They suffered a round of 16 exit at the hands of Tunisia.
There are 12 groups consisting of four teams each. The top two sides from each group will qualify for the showpiece that will be held in Cameroon, who were initially supposed to host the 2019 edition.
The preliminary ties will be played in October and the group phase kicks off the following month with two rounds.
Group A: Mali, Guinea, Namibia, Liberia/Chad
Group B: Burkina Faso, Uganda, Malawi, South Sudan/Seychelles
Group C: Ghana, South Africa, Sudan, Mauritius/Sao Tome Principe
Group D: Congo DR, Gabon, Angola, Djibouti/Gambia,
Group E: Morocco, Central Africa, Burundi, Mauritania
Group F: Cameroon, Mozambique, Rwanda, Cape Verde
Group G: Egypt, Kenya, Togo, Comoros Islands,
Group H: Algeria, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia,
Group I: Senegal, Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Eswatini
Group J: Tunisia, Libya, Tanzania, Equatorial Guinea,
Group K: Cote d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Niger, Madagascar
Group L: Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Benin, Lesotho
- Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
- #FixTheCountry protestors hit the streets of Accra
- “No due diligence or value for money”- How some MPs kicked against Saglemi Housing project in 2012
- Hushpuppi paid Deputy Police Commissioner over $20k to detain his ‘co-conspirator’ Chibuzo – FBI alleges
- Playback: #FixTheCountry demo comes off today
- ‘How can people lie like this?’ – E. T. Mensah on NDC’s Saglemi Housing project defence
- Akorfa Edjeani on how a role affected a home
- 256 more people killed in road crashes in July alone
- Techiman South election dispute: Wenchi Court refuses EC’s stay of proceedings, fines Commission ¢4k
- GMA gives government October 1 deadline to resolve concerns or risk industrial action
All must be involved in fight against human trafficking – Queenmother
PNC to commemorate former President Hilla Limann’s achievements
300,000 residents in 5 regions benefit from WASH programme
Ghana Premier League: Great Olympics finishing 6th place disappointing – Annor Walker
Fenty’s Fortune: Rihanna is now officially a billionaire – Forbes
UENR appeals for government assistance to build a Multipurpose STEM Centre
Founders’ Day: We must work to free ourselves from colonial power that binds us – Akufo-Addo
GIPC launches ‘Spark Up’ to account for disbursement of investments
Police suspect foul play in the death of man who killed wife in front of children
Eastern Regional Hospital produces Covid-19 test results within 4 hours
National Pensions Regulatory Authority guarantees safety of pension funds
Akuapem Gold Agro Processing Company builds huge raw material base to secure business sustainability
Dormaa East MP charges Covid-19 task force to arrest, prosecute persons flouting safety protocols
Madina Job Center begins 2nd Phase of Youth in Fashion Design Programme
10 more deaths recorded in Ghana’s Covid-19 fight