The new Australia High Commissioner to Ghana, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia, and other four West African countries says Ghanaians are more enterprising and entrepreneurial than Australians.
“I think Ghanaians are probably better entrepreneurs than Australians. Here in Ghana, people have to rely on the local economy to get things done because Ghana is a developing country, but Australia is a developed and rich country with strong financial securities.
“I see people working everywhere, selling fruits on top of their head, selling mobile phones, selling shoes to be self-reliant,” he told Fred Duhoe.
Expressing his admiration for the local small and medium enterprises in Ghana, Gregory Andrews indicated that his love for African fabrics and food is on a different scale.
Most of his social media posts are deliberately posted via the High Commission’s account in order to promote petty traders.
Gregory Andrews said he believes the local SMEs are a more powerful driver of Ghana’s economic growth than foreign aid.
He is therefore optimistic about Ghana’s economy and believes the President’s agenda of a “Ghana Beyond Aid” is very ambitious and attainable in the near future.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Former Elegant Resorts IT boss gets £500K in damages after hitting head on doorframe at work
23-year-old driver in court over sex with minor
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship