Bechem United coach Kwaku Danso stormed the pitch during his side’s Ghana Premier League clash with Medeama to confront the referee over unfair officiating.
The incident happened at Akoon Park in Tarkwa on Wednesday.
According to Ghanasoccernet.com, Danson together with his backroom staff, run onto the pitch to confront the referee Wiseman Ghansah after Medeama scored in injury-time to win the match 1-0.
He claimed the five minutes added on time had elapsed when Kwesi Donsu scored the goal.
It took the intervention of the security detail to prevent a physical attack on the centre referee. Danso was shown a yellow card by the referee.
”Our defeat was dangerously planned. We scored a beautiful free kick in the first half but the referee denied it,” Danso told reporters after the match.
“How can you show five minutes of added time and we ended up playing 15 minutes. It’s very sad.
” We can’t bring back the love with such officiating. The referees had already planned our defeat with them before the game. Everyone in the stadium saw what happened.
“I’m appealing to the GFA to get a clip of the game and watch it. We were cheated.”
The Ghana Football Association Disciplinary Committee could sanction the coach for his actions.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Mothers’ Day message from First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
GAF appeals for support for 37 Military Hospital
#FixTheCountry convener’s claim of phone cloning false and baseless – Oppong Nkrumah
#FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria
China rocket debris ‘disintegrates over Indian Ocean’
Playback: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez v Billy Joe Saunders: Mexican wins with eighth-round stoppage
Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020