The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), through its Foundation, has completed and handed over a newly constructed Community Resource Centre to the chiefs and people of Kpando in the Volta Region.
A brief ceremony to conduct final inspection and handing over of the facility was honoured with the presence of the chiefs and elders of the Akpini Traditional Area who also represented the Paramount Chief, Okpekpewoekpe Akpinifia Dagadu IX.
They included Togbui Dake IV, Tsakpe Deveme, Togbui Amanu V, Tsakpe Avedza, and Togbui Kendra VIII, Kpando Dzoanti. The others were Fiator Anosigbe, Bisiaku Paramount Clan and TA Akwensy – Secretary to the Akpini Paramountcy.
Mr. Benedict Adde, Team Lead of the Environment and Social Amenities Unit of the GNPC Foundation, expressed his delight over the completion of the project which he said would offer the people of Kpando and surrounding towns a befitting space to share information, galvanise and provide support to community members for the development of the area.
He said the GNPC, for all it is known for is also through the Foundation’s work, strategically positioned as a development partner to communities across the country and will continue to offer assistance which are consistent with its mission to positively impact lives and people.
The Tsakpe Deveme, Togbui Dake IV, on behalf of the paramount chief and people of Kpando thanked GNPC for the gesture and assured that the facility will be put to its intended use to derive the expected benefits for the people of the area.
The one storey resource centre has two conference/meeting rooms, two offices, eight washrooms, a kitchenette, one storeroom and other ancillary facilities.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams
- B.A. Mensah: Ghana moves from Petrodollar to Petrogold
- MEASURES project puts Accra under spotlight for sustainable energy strategy development
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- Five Memphis police officers charged over death of Tyre Nichols
- Randy Gonzalez, father in popular TikTok duo Enkyboys, dead at 35