Government will replace over 400 broken down computers and other equipment at science resource centres of senior high schools countrywide.
The replacement is expected to enhance teaching and learning of science and related subjects, Mrs Angelina Baiden-Amisah, Deputy Minister of Education Science and Sports, has said.
She was opening a four-week training course for over 200 science teachers and technicians from senior high schools in the southern sector.
She said there was the need to provide well-equipped science laboratories to train more science teachers to improve teaching and learning of science subjects.
Mrs Baiden-Amisah said few years ago, operations at these centres witnessed some challenges as a result of lack of trained science teachers and technicians to man them.
She said measures would be taken to ensure that qualified science teachers were trained.
She advised teachers to take responsibility of the centres to ensure they were well utilized.
The course was organised to upgrade the skills of the participants to put them in tune with new trends and discoveries in the area of science and technology for effective teaching and learning of science.
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win