Every artiste has the best and worst moments of their career, and songstress Gyakie is no exception.
In a recent interview, she narrated that she faced her most humiliating experience at a time her career was just beginning to take off.
During a Republic Hall week at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), she was billed to perform, Gyakie said.
She mounted the stage to perform her very first song, Love is Pretty, but the feedback from her colleagues was not encouraging.
Gyakie recounted how her mates just stood still, gazing at her as though she was nearly invisible on the stage.
While trying to save the situation, she said the microphone and sound system also gave up on her, which made her panic.
As though that was not enough embarrassment, her colleagues began chanting and hooting “away, away, away” hysterically.
Gyakie said she was left with no option but to run backstage, where she broke down in tears.
However, with the encouragement from a few loved ones, she got over the trauma and pursued her music career.
Gyakie is now one of the celebrated Ghanaian musicians. She went viral for her song ‘Forever’.
Gyakie later released an EP and a ‘Forever’ remix featuring Nigerian musician Omah Lay.
In May 2022, she won the International Collaboration of the Year award with the song.
- University of Ghana wins $165 million judgement debt case
- 3 students of Opoku Ware School arrested for alleged robbery
- Cedi tagged worst performing currency worldwide by Bloomberg after Sri Lanka’s Rupee
- Chiefs perform rituals for father who slept with his 3 daughters in Assin South
- How man allegedly killed wife following argument after sex at Awutu Mankomeda
- GRA queries Customs Staff Association Secretary for participating in JoyNews discussion ‘without approval’
- Don’t implement new Customs law – Vehicle dealers urge government
- Pastor cries on TV for forgiveness from best friend he accused of sleeping with his wife
- Adwoa Safo has gone back to the US – Aide
- Ghanaian musician stripped off pants by military men
Veteran journalist Harruna Atta loses wife
Cooperate with ECG, security agencies for electricity to be restored to you – National Security Ministry to Kroboland
Full Text: Monetary Policy Committee of BOG hikes benchmark rate to 22%
Alan condemns Hopeson Adorye’s comments at ‘Aduro Wo So Health Walk’, calls for unity
BoG increases policy rate to 22%; cost of borrowing to shoot up significantly
AWLA strengthens capacity of stakeholders on the fight against sexual and gender-based violence in Kintampo
Ghana at 65: Christians to assess performance of government since independence
Chief of Staff sues Larry Dogbe, wants ₵20m paid for defamation
Dr. Nduom remembers GN Bank 3 years after revocation of licence
Nollywood actor Moses Armstrong denies rape allegation
Police in Ashanti Region rescue woman kidnapped by armed robbers at Abuakwa-Asenemaso
Unique national ID has helped to fish out ‘ghost’ workers – Dr Bawumia
Ghanaian musician stripped off pants by military men
Commissioner-General of GRA was aware of exemption granted Labianca – Executive Secretary of IEAG
‘Government is using technology to solve our problems’ – Dr Bawumia