Audio By Carbonatix
Bitter rivals Asante Kotoko and Accra Hearts of Oak are headed for another controversial engagement as they direct their rivalry unto the transfer market for the signature of Kofi Abanga, a player from Division One side Aduana Stars.
Just days after reports claimed the Porcupine Warriors had beaten off competition to the player’s signing, the Phobians have also entered the fray for the off season’s most popular target.
Accra Hearts of Oak who initially held a 10,000 GH cedis (100 million cedis) offer for the player have upped the ante after their rivals last week paid 15,000 GH cedis (150 million cedis) for to entice Abanga into their fold.
For the Phobians, they remain confident of landing the player who had a short training stint with them pending conclusions of a regular contract.
They have been negotiating with the player’s club owner of, Nana Agyemang Badu II while claiming the Porcupine Warriors had been dealing with the club’s CEO, Kingsley Osei Bonsu.
Though others have claimed the player who is yet to make his premiership debut is over-hyped, Albert Commey, deputy public relations officer of Accra Hearts of Oak thinks otherwise and says the Phobians have matched the amount paid by their rivals for Kofi Abanga.
“We have effected payment for the boy to the owner of the club and are expecting his release and all appropriate documentation soon.
“He is a fantastic player, a good passer of the ball. If you have a technical eye, you would realise his potential,” said the Hearts public relations officer.
Apart from Kotoko and Hearts of Oak, media speculation pointed to widespread interest from other premiership sides; Liberty Professionals, AshantiGold and Tema Youth.
Unconfirmed reports say the player may have signed a 3-year deal with the Porcupine Warriors.
Meanwhile Hearts of Oak have also claimed they possess the player’s Card A and could go ahead to register him for the coming season, should negotiations with the club owner be consummated.
But until then, the football market is set to witness yet another controversial tug-of-war for a player between the country’s two most glamorous sides whose rivalry has always provided the needed adrenaline to spice the season.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Many people don’t like sharing their success tips – Mary Anane Awuku
54 seconds -
Resurrection of GN Savings and Loans will be tough – Joe Jackson
3 minutes -
SanlamAllianz Life sponsors four Ghanaian athletes for 2026 Cape Town Marathon
5 minutes -
2026 Legacy Expo comes off on June 3, 2026
10 minutes -
CBG deepens financial inclusion drive with expansion of agency banking network
17 minutes -
Non-Performing Loans decline to 18% nut elevated risk remains – BoG
22 minutes -
Cocoa farmers in Ahondwo area appeal for clinic, support services
26 minutes -
Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco’s Fez
27 minutes -
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
31 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
32 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle LeagueÂ
33 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
35 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
36 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
38 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
40 minutes