Rapper, Bernard Nana Appiah popularly known in showbiz circles as Pure Akan has in a conversation on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime revealed that his purpose has been achieved as a musician because his music speak to people and that he finds fulfilling.
The “Me Sika Aduro” crooner also told host, Ibrahim Ben-Bako (IB) that he believes that as a musician, his bigger focus is on the impact his songs have on people when they listen to them than the number of people who turn up for his concert.
“I have always wanted to speak to people to encourage them. I meet people and they tell me how much of a positive impact my songs have on them. Someone sent me a message that: I didn’t kill myself because of your music. I’ve met someone who’s told me I changed my life because of your music. That is all I want to do with my music that I can encourage someone, I can teach someone, I can make someone dance off their stress, it’s not about the number of people who come to my concert that also works but when you meet people and they tell you the wonderful works your music is doing in their lives it feels so amazing”.
Pure Akan, who is currently in the studio working on his next album says the album will be ready soon and possibly released early next year.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- UK economy only G7 nation to shrink in 2023 – IMF
- Nigeria cost-of-living crisis sparks exodus of doctors
- Opuni Trial: Court to hear another motion for stay of proceedings
- Internal report on CSSPS related corruption ready – Kwasi Kwarteng
- We need to find out if investigation on CSSPS was concluded – Dr. Anti
- We were denied CSSPS data to check public basic schools placement quota – Eduwatch
- GRA taskforce arrests five shopping malls managers for tax infractions
- Ghana free from sleeping sickness
- Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
- Emmanuel Owusu: Proposals to operationalise Ghana Financial Stability Fund (GFSF)
- Minority reshuffle: We didn’t consult Caucus for good reasons – Asiedu Nketia
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues bid £105.6m for Enzo Fernandez
- Mr Eazi featured in new star-studded #Boss Campaign
- I Am Investible launches project to create 20k jobs