Audio By Carbonatix
The wife of Comedian AY Makun has opened up on the challenges she went through to welcome her second child, 13 years after she gave birth to her first.
In a post on Instagram, Mabel Makun revealed that she suffered from three miscarriages prior. She added that there were no medical explanations.
“It was the same pattern as before, every single thing that happened with the others, happened again, only this time, more, but I was determined to hold on tight to God and not fail,” Mrs. Makun wrote.
She added that despite falling pregnant again she did not have an easy journey to welcoming her new child. Her post was accompanied by a video which captured some moments from her pregnancy including a sonogram.
“Anal bleeding, threatened miscarriage, difficulty in breathing, I wasn’t psychologically and mentally stable and that was the hardest part for me. My emotions were all over the place, taking a deep breath in and out to stop myself every time I felt the urge to just break down and cry, struggling within not to blame myself for not protecting and fighting for the survival of the babies I lost, placenta separation, weak uterus,” she added.
Mrs. Makun stated that the journey was not an easy one adding that she was exhausted. She thanked God, friends and family for their goodwill messages and prayers.”
“How I got here today is not something that I can explain but I just know that God was and is still with me and Ayomide, for this we are eternally grateful.”
Richard Ayodeji Makun, popularly known as AY, announced he and his wife welcomed their second child on January 18.
In a post on Instagram, the celebrated actor said he and his wife had been praying and waiting 13 years for this miracle.
He shared videos from the hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, where his wife gave birth.
Excited to meet the new member of his family, AY bought balloons, flowers and a teddy bear for his wife and baby. He thanked his wife for making him a father of two.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
40 minutes -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
44 minutes -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
57 minutes -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
1 hour -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
2 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
2 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
2 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
2 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
2 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
2 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
2 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours