Newly-elected National Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Stephen Ntim has expressed gratitude to all party faithful for electing him to lead the party for the next four years.
Addressing party members after he and other National Executive officers have been sworn into office, Mr. Ntim noted that “after twenty years of wandering in the wilderness before getting this far, I am going to cherish the chairmanship position, I will value the chairmanship position and I will make sure that it remains enviable”.
He assured that as the new party Chairman, “the new executive will work assiduously for the party to win election 2024.”
Mr Ntim polled 4,014 votes to beat his contenders.
He has contested for the position on four previous occasions. The just-ended conference is his fifth attempt.
He however served as the party’s first Vice-Chairman between 2001 and 2005.
Mr Ntim’s first attempt to be chairman of the party was in December 2005.
In 2005, Mr Ntim lost to Peter Mac Manu, who became President Akufo-Addo’s campaign manager in the 2016 polls.
His second attempt was in 2010, where he lost to Jake Okanta Obetsebi-Lamptey.
His third attempt was in 2014, where he suffered another defeat to Paul Afoko.
He again lost on the fourth attempt to Freddie Blay in 2018.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP
- We’re shocked Akufo-Addo watched World Cup in Qatar despite economic crisis – Minority
- Carruthers Tetteh: Educating Persons Living with Disabilities in Ghana: Predicaments and Solutions
- VOICE Ghana charges government to build an inclusive society for PWDs
- Nigerian artistes make sacrifices and investments to attain global recognition – Harrysong
- Woman shot as armed robbers attack Awutu Bereku residents
- Qatar 2022: Black Stars will be back hungrier than ever – Elisha Owusu
- 25 teams in Ashanti region progress to final stage of GSTEP challenge
- Constituents of Asante Akyem North debunk MP’s claims of functioning 1D1F factory