The Inspector-General of Police James Oppong Boanuh, has urged members of the Dormaa West Constituency to participate in the ongoing voter registration exercise irrespective of their party affiliation.
Mr. Boanuh says this is the only way persons will have the opportunity to vote to elect persons to represent them in government in the upcoming December Elections.
“As we know, we are in a political season. I’m pleading with you when it’s time go out in your numbers and get your names captured in the register,” he said.
He was speaking at the Commissioning of a police station at Nsesreso in the Dormaa West Constituency.
Health Minister Kwaku Agyeman Manu on Friday led the commissioning of a police station at Nsesreso to facilitate the work of the police in the area.
Mr. Agyeman Manu indicated that he was inspired by pleas of citizens to support ongoing projects in the constituency.
“When members of this community begin projects, they begin calling out to me for help. I therefore decided to single-handedly man this project,” he said.
Mr. Boanuh, however, urged the youth to lead responsible lives in the community, indicating citizens must conduct themselves well during and after the 2020 general election.
He further urged the public to follow the rules and regulations, as well as the safety protocol, put in place by the Electoral Commission on Covid-19.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Falling interest rates to boost private sector growth – Alhassan Andani
- Profile of Anthony Akoto Osei
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal
- Government calls for more donor funding in agric sector
- ECG disconnects Cape Coast Sports Stadium over GH¢513k legacy debt
- Lotto agent in court for over GH¢253k theft
- Corporate institutions urged to implement leadership programmes to equip youth for job market
- Medikal bought 6 cars for Shaxi – Shatta Wale
- VGMA has to come and see me before I get involved in the scheme – Shatta Wale
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ed Sheeran ‘didn’t want to live’ after tragic year
- Netcowas lauds community-managed portable water services in Ghana
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain