A member of the Joy Sports team, Owuraku Ampofo, took his turn on the JoyNews #PushUpsChallenge on Friday, September 18.
After presenting the sports news, Mamavi Owusu Aboagye – host of the AM Show, surprised Ampofo on set.
She tasked the sports journalist to complete as many push-ups in 30 seconds.
Previously, the record was held by the Member of Parliament for Tamale Central, Inusah Fuseini. The 58-year-old completed 21 push-ups in 30 seconds.
Owuraku eagerly took up the challenge and did 25 push-ups in 30 seconds on live television.
The #PushupsChallenge is an initiative by the AM show team on JoyNews which encouraged viewers to keep fit at home.
Viewers showed proof of their push-ups prowess by sending videos via Whatsapp.
Keep an eye on the next challenge on the AM Show which airs every Monday-Friday from 6am to 9am.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- 2022 World Cup: Andre Ayew, Kudus could miss Uruguay clash with yellow cards against South Korea
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Meteo predicts intense dry weather conditions in coming days
- Government’s decision to withdraw FX support for rice imports not well thought through – Senyo Hosi
- GHOSPA petitions NHIA to revise prices of medicines
- 2023 budget mere rhetoric, without real substance to it – Senyo Hosi
- National Vaccine Institute is 95 per cent complete – Dr Nsiah-Asare
- Ghana Science Association calls for application for Young Scientist Essay Challenge 2022
- Akufo-Addo congratulates Black Stars for South Korea’s defeat
- 2022 FIFA WC: Ghanaians should expect more from us – Gideon Mensah after Ghana’s win
- Playback: PM Express discuss the 2023 Budget
- Police investigate chief over alleged support for nomads suspected of robbery attacks at Ejura
- Major mining firms were consulted in Gold for Oil policy – BoG Governor
- BoG warns growth may remain below potential levels
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Rotary Club of Kumasi to build boreholes, micro flush toilets for three districts in Ashanti Region
- BoG will put in place measures to ensure banks remain solvent – Dr Addison