The Komenda Edina Eguafo Abirem (KEEA) Municipality of the Central Region has inaugurated sanitation guards.
The guards have been empowered with resources to move to the beaches and households to arrest and ensure the prosecution of sanitation offenders in the Municipality.
Municipal Chief Executive for the Komenda Edina Eguafo Abirem, Nana Appiah Korang, intimates the inauguration of the Sanitation guards by the assembly is part of the elaborate plan to ensure compliance with the assembly’s bye-laws on sanitation.
Speaking at the inauguration of the sanitation guards, Nana Appiah Korang revealed the assembly was rolling out plans to end open defecation and make Elmina the cleanest City in the Central Region.
He tasked the guards that have come to augment the existing officers to collaborate to ensure that open defecation, indiscriminate disposal of refuse, and litter on the streets become alien in the district’s narrative.
“We are determined to make Elmina the cleanest city in the Central Region. We will do more even to make it the best in Ghana. We need to up our game and create the enabling environment to attract the top-of-the-range businesses to our Municipality,” he says.
He says the distribution of the motorbikes is to aid the sanitation guards in their day-to-day activities.
“We would inject more resources to our sanitation agenda and ensure that we attract tourists and businesses, “he intimated.
The MCE was unhappy with the Municipality’s performance in terms of education and said there are signs of progress and the assembly would do a lot more to consolidate the gains made.
The Assembly, apart from distributing motorbikes to the environmental officers and sanitation guards, also distributed street lights to the Ankaful maximum security prisons to enhance security at the prisons.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July