Audio By Carbonatix
King Charles has left hospital after treatment for an enlarged prostate.
The King walked out of the London Clinic private hospital, having spent three nights there following his procedure.
Earlier, Catherine, the Princess of Wales, left the same central London hospital, almost two weeks after undergoing "abdominal surgery".
The princess was driven to her home in Windsor, without any public appearance, and will spend months in recuperation.
The King left the hospital this afternoon with his wife, Queen Camilla, and waved to the cameras before getting into his car.
Buckingham Palace said the King would now reschedule his public engagements "to allow for a period of private recuperation".
It is not known how long the King will be pausing his official visits for, or where he will spend his time in recovery.
The medical treatment has not been significant enough to require any constitutional changes for the King's role as head of state. There has been no need for "counsellors of state", who can stand in when a monarch is seriously ill.
Earlier on Monday, Kate left the London Clinic, having spent 13 nights there since her operation.
The exact nature of the surgery has not been revealed, but it is serious enough for the princess to need several months of recovery.
She has not appeared in public since Christmas Day and went into hospital and left without being spotted.
Kensington Palace said the princess would "continue her recovery" from home, which is expected to be Adelaide Cottage in Windsor.
She will return to her children and husband Prince William, who was seen visiting the princess during her stay in hospital.
Catherine, 42, was also visited by the King in hospital before he had the prostate procedure on Friday.
The King had been in hospital after being treated for a benign prostate problem, which is non-cancerous, and a common condition in older men, according to the NHS.
About one in three men over the age of 50 will have some symptoms of an enlarged prostate, which is a gland that sits just below the bladder.
The plan for King Charles, aged 75, to have "corrective procedure" for his prostate was made public as a way of encouraging other men to get prostate checks.
The NHS website recorded a surge in searches about enlarged prostates and the King was "delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness".
Latest Stories
-
T-bills auction: Interest rates fell sharply to 6.4%; government exceeds target by 170%
30 minutes -
Weak consumption, high unemployment rate pose greater threat to economic recovery – Databank Research
1 hour -
Godfred Arthur nets late winner as GoldStars stun Heart of Lions
2 hours -
2025/26 GPL: Chelsea hold profligate Hearts in Accra
2 hours -
Number of jobs advertised decreased by 4% to 2,614 in 2025 – BoG
2 hours -
Passenger arrivals at airport, land borders declined in 2025 – BoG
2 hours -
Total revenue and grant misses target by 6.7% to GH¢187bn in 2025
2 hours -
Africa’s top editors converge in Nairobi to tackle media’s toughest challenges
4 hours -
Specialised courts, afternoon sittings to tackle case delays- Judicial Secretary
4 hours -
Specialised high court division to be staffed with trained Judges from court of appeal — Judicial Secretary
5 hours -
Special courts will deliver faster, fairer justice — Judicial Secretary
5 hours -
A decade of dance and a bold 10K dream as Vivies Academy marks 10 years
5 hours -
GCB’s Linus Kumi: Partnership with Ghana Sports Fund focused on building enduring systems
6 hours -
Sports is preventive healthcare and a wealth engine for Ghana – Dr David Kofi Wuaku
6 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund Deputy Administrator applauds GCB’s practical training for staff
6 hours
