Legon Knights Hockey Club has honoured their Coach with a plaque and assorted items to thank him for his achievement with the club during the hockey calendar year of 2021 where Legon Knights Hockey Club won the “2021 Greater Accra Championship” as underdogs.
This win led to four of its players being invited to the national team trials.
Legon Knights is a hockey club that draws members from past and present students of the University of Ghana and anyone that ascribes to the notion of having a common intellectual understanding of hockey and its teachings.
Emmanuel Ahadjie started coaching in 1989 after an illustrious career as a player for Pozo Sticks and Tax Rakers.
His first assignment was an assistant coach (2003, 2005, 2007) and Head Coach from 2009 for the Fire Service teams (Men and Women).
He doubled as a player and coach for the Fire Service men’s team.
He then added the Ghana Police Men, Ghana Commercial Bank, The Female National Hockey Team
and is currently the coach of the University Of Ghana Hockey Team where he holds the record for the number of gold medals won 4 ( GUSA Gold (2006, 2010, 2012, 2020) and has won 2 Silver medals at the West African University Games (WAUG) for 2003 and 2012.
As the Assistant Female National Team Coach, he won silver at the 2009 Africa cup of Nations held in Accra and placed 3rd at the 2011 Olympic qualifiers in Zimbabwe.
As head coach, he Placed 2nd at the Olympic qualifiers held in Durban, South Africa, and Participated in the Hockey World League round 2 in Valencia, Spain in 2016.
He also won silver at the 2017 Hockey ACN in Egypt. To add to his accolades he became the first Ghanaian coach to qualify for the Commonwealth Games in 2018
and also Placed 2nd at the 2019 Olympic qualifiers in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
In Ghana, at club level with the Fire Service Ladies, he has won the female league 8 consecutive times (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).
On continental level ACCC (Africa Cup for Club Champions) the Fire Service team he manages won
4 silvers (2002, 2004, 2005, 2010) and a Bronze Medal (2003), and Ghana Commercial bank won
Bronze in 2009.
Fuseini Isaac Addo added that Legon Knights Hockey Club is preparing to dominate Hockey in Ghana and continentally and pledge to set up a world-class hockey institution that will set them apart from everybody.
Additionally, he pledged the team’s undying support to the past and future exploits of Coach Emmanuel Ahadjie and will make it a point to offer him the support to add to his future accolades.
In his acceptance speech, Coach Emmanuel Ahadjie reiterated his support for the club as long as they maintain an equitable playing field for everyone and pledge to promote the game of hockey everywhere they find themselves.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- DDEP: Financial institutions regulators should protect customers, not government – Dan Seddoh
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal
- Government calls for more donor funding in agric sector
- ECG disconnects Cape Coast Sports Stadium over GH¢513k legacy debt
- Lotto agent in court for over GH¢253k theft
- Corporate institutions urged to implement leadership programmes to equip youth for job market
- Medikal bought 6 cars for Shaxi – Shatta Wale