Welcome to the JoySports Ghana Premier League countdown live blog for Tuesday, December 10.
The new league season for 2019/20 is expected to kick off on December 28. This blog will update you on the latest from around the Premier League clubs and other related information.
6:49 am – The wait is over, Kumasi Asante Kotoko have announced the appointment of Maxwell Konadu as the head coach of the Porcupine Warriors. His reappointment was confirmed on Monday, signing a two-year contract with the club. The 45-year-old coach will be assisted by former Karela United manager Johnson Smith.
7:12 am – The newly appointed gaffer has expressed his delight joining the club but called for patience, “I am back and can say that I am very delighted with the development. I thank the management and the supporters for the confidence shown in me. I will do my best but will ask that the supporters exercise patience as I try to improve the team”, Maxwell Konadu told Kotoko Express App.
7:30 am – Maxwell Konadu has been tasked to guide Asante Kotoko to the Ghana Premier League title season.
7:56 am – Sports Journalist, Bright Kankam Boadu of Nhyira FM in Kumasi tells JoySports the expectation of the Kotoko fraternity on the appointment of head coach Maxwell Konadu. “The expectation is always high regardless of the team they have, regardless of who is in charge. The Kotoko fans are always expecting that they will be winning the league, they will be doing well in Africa even though, they haven’t been doing well in Africa of late. For Maxwell Konadu, he is very much liked by the fans because what he did in the 2011/12 season so they will be hoping that they win the league”
9:00am – Sam Adams has completed his move to Asante Kotoko as a free agent ahead of the 2019/20 season. The Porcupine Warriors could soon announce the acquisition of the experienced midfielder in the coming days.
2:36 pm – Also,Ibrahim Danlad has also joined the Blues on a season-long loan deal after extending his contract with Asante Kotoko by four more years. The Under-20 safest-pair-of-hands has agreed a deal in principle to switch camp to Berekum Chelsea till the end of the season.
The agenda for the ordinary Congress includes:
1: Appointment of Independent Committees members for a 4-year mandate as required by the GFA Statutes: Ethics Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Appeals Committee, Elections Committee.
2: Election of final member from the Regional Football Association (RFA) between Central regional RFA chairman, Robert Duncan and the Upper East RFA chairman, Salifu Zida.
4:30 pm – Elsewhere, the National Chapters Committee (NCC) of Hearts of Oak have decided to boycott the upcoming President’s Cup match against archrivals Asante Kotoko, following the usage unsavoury language by club CEO Frederick Moore during a meeting on Monday. The NCC have also officially petitioned the board to take the appropriate action against Moore and called for his immediate resignation
Spokesperson of the NCC, Kobby Jones, who spoke to Kumasi-based Fox FM. “If, as supporters leaders, we have come to meet with you, no matter the situation, the choice of words must be of decorum. He used some words like we are uncultured, we are uncivilized, we are rude,” he said.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- MultiChoice teams up with BetKing to launch SuperPicks for new football season
- Ed Sheeran must face copyright trial over Thinking Out Loud, judge rules