Welcome to the JoySports Ghana Premier League countdown live blog for Wednesday, December 18.
The new league season for 2019/20 is expected to kick off on December 27-29. This blog will update you on the latest from around the Premier League clubs and other related information.
There’s plenty of reaction so let’s get to it…
7:26 am: After the release of the 2019/2020 league fixtures on Monday, the JoySports Team have selected a plethora of fascinating fixtures so you don’t miss out on them during season.
Accra Hearts of Oak SC will come up against Berekum Chelsea FC at the Accra Sports Stadium on Matchday 1.
Nemisis, Asante Kotoko SC will host Eleven Wonders FC at Kumasi Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Matchday 1.
Asante Kotoko SC will travel to Tarkwa to lock horns with rivals Medeama SC at the Tarkwa T&N Park on Matchday 4.
Hearts of Oak will storm Sogakope to play West African Football Academy (WAFA) on Matchday 4.
Hearts of Oak will entertain arch-rivals Asante Kotoko in Accra at the Accra Sports Stadium on Matchday 6.
Berekum Chelsea will face Aduana Stars FC in a Bono Derby on Matchday 6.
Asante Kotoko SC will host Ashantigold SC in an Ashanti Regional Derby at the Kumasi Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Matchday 10.
9:02 am: Elsewhere, Accra Hearts of Oak trainer, Kim Grant has strong belief that his side will be successful at the end of the impending Ghana Premier League season.
He said “I will try and win games. That is my objective, we will try to win and hopefully we will bring success.”
Hearts will start their premier league campaign with a clash against Berekum Chelsea at the Accra Sports Stadium.
9:31 am: The Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia will grace the launch of the 2019/2020 Ghana Football Season at the Accra Sports Stadium on Friday as the Special Guest.
READ MORE: Bawumia to grace launch of 2019/2020 football season
3:00 pm: Asante Kotoko forward Songne Yacouba and his representatives have rejected the club’s Ghâ‚µ 80,000 two-year offer according to Kumasi-based Oyerepa FM.
MORE TO FOLLOW…
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Qpee Vibez out with new Afrobeats song titled ‘Allo’
- US Vice President to visit Ghana on March 27 to deepen bilateral relations, strengthen trade and investment
- MUSIGA to hold elections on August 8 after 4 years of postponements
- 7 surprisingly erotic zones in the body
- National Youth Conference on Natural Resources and Environmental Governance launched
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern