The 2016 NPP flagbearer Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has just finished addressing a press conference at the party headquarters on internal party wranglings.
Party bigwigs gathered for the conference, but embattled National chairman Paul Afoko and General Secretary Kwabena Agyepong were absent.
Nana Akufo-Addo said:
The death of Upper East regional chairman Nana Akufo Addo and matters arising have been horrendous.
A sense of despair felt by many has been demonstrated in many ways.
Regional chairmen lead the cry after all, Chairman Adams was one of them. Regional Chairmen considered an attack on one of them is an attack on all of them.
I have been listening to many people to do what is in the best interest of the party.
Cease fire the finger-pointing, the insults, the lies, the denigrating of party leaders must stop.
Kufuor remains an icon whose record must be jealously guarded. Party could be providing fertile soil for the opposition.
He says a certain outburst out of the tragedy is understandable. But it is enough Party structures should take over.
We have an election to fight and win.
We dare not jeopardise the party's chance in 2016 by engaging in fruitless fight. Let's us win 2016 elections for Adams Mahama.
Law enforcement agencies should not be influenced in anyway. We intend to hold President Mahama to his promise to ensure justice in the death of the late NPP chairman.
Must have access to their offices in the party headquarters. He says the NPP way of doing things is by law and order. I will not tolerate chaos in the party.
We must embrace the initiative of the NPP Womens’ organizer who is initiating a week of fasting and prayers.
The NPP is not the first party to face crisis and not the last to come out of this stronger.
He says supporters must remain focused on 2016 general elections to rescue Ghanaians who have seen their hardwork destroyed by an incompetent government.
Let us stand together in the cause of the NPP and make it happen for mother Ghana.
He takes a Psalm 122:6 -8 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, pray for the peace of NPP
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- ‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
- 10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
Man 47, allegedly defiles 10-year-old girl
Two drivers feared dead, 5 injured in multiple-vehicle accident at Gomoa
Biden pledges 500m more Covid-19 vaccine doses to developing world
Fuse ODG tops Ghanaian songs with over 10M+ streams on Spotify
My new single ‘Awurade Ye’ is everyone’s prayer song – Diana Hamilton
Falling standard of education: MP promises goodies for best performing BECE candidates in 2021
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw: Manchester City face West Ham, Arsenal host Leeds
West Ham knock out Man Utd to reach fourth round of EFL Cup
Chelsea beat Villa in EFL Cup shootout
Atiwa East NPP raises concerns over ongoing membership registration drive
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,130
2 arrested for WASSCE fraud
Social media cause of the decline in Ghanaian movies – Mercy Asiedu
Ablakwa’s position on Akufo-Addo’s flight borne out of political mischief – Afenyo-Markin
Playback: PM Express – A conversation with Agric Minister