News of Mr Martin Amidu’s resignation as Ghana’s first Special Prosecutor has generated mixed reactions amongst the general public, with divided opinions about the future of the country’s fight against corruption.
The former Attorney General in a letter to President Nana Akufo-Addo Monday stated that his decision to resign was based on his inability to “exercise any independence as the Special Prosecutor”, adding that his position as the Special Prosecutor has consequently become untenable.
Tonight on PM Express, Evans Mensah will probe further into Mr Amidu’s decision and its impact on Ghana’s fight against corruption going forward.
He hosts a Ranking member of the Constitutional, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee of Parliament, Inusah Abdulai Fuseini, Lawyer and Former MP for Zebilla Constituency, John Akparibo Ndebugri, Co-Chair of the Citizens Movement Against Corruption, Edem Senanu and Chairperson of the Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee of Parliament, Ben Abdallah Banda.
The programme promises to be enlightening and informative. It will also be livestreamed on all of JoyNews’ social media handles.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Mahama’s administration completed 46 E-blocks, not 29 – NDC
- Indonesia: Fans ‘died in the arms’ of players in stadium crush
- Ghana re-elected to ITU Council
- There is a deliberate unwillingness to fight galamsey – Prof Aning
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Patapaa has a talent of making hit songs; he is unique – Flowking Stone
- Block all revenue leakages – Finance Ministry to NLA
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- Brazil’s Lula and Bolsonaro face run-off after surprisingly tight result￼
- Vodafone Ghana to reward customers in 2022 Care Month Celebration
- Nigeria beat hosts Ghana to win MEA Rugby League Championship
- Vodafone partners with Onix to provide world-class data centre services to businesses
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- aYo insurance introduces annual cover on Recharge with Care
- T-bills oversubscribed by 1.15% after undersubscription a week before