Nii Nortey-Dua, Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports has tasked the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the forthcoming Africa Hockey Federation (AfHF) Cup of Nations Championship to raise high the bar of standard for the competition slated for July.
He said organizing a successful competition would deepen the country’s accomplishment in sports and prove how far Ghana has come in that direction.
Mr Nortey-Dua who was speaking at a brainstorming session pieced together by the LOC to fashion out a blueprint for the tournament, said he was optimistic that Ghana would stage an unblemished competition that would set new benchmarks for the competition.
The brainstorming session which constituted presentations from all seven sub-committees of the LOC would form the core business to come pout with the blueprint of the tournament.
The Doping, Security, Volunteers and Accreditation, Technical and Fields, Marketing and Media Relations as well as Team Relations and Matches Coordination Committees have been tasked with dealing with various aspects of the organization to deliver a successful championship.
Mr Abuga Pele, Chairman of the LOC urged members to bring their experience on board to ensure a successful event in spite of the short time at their disposal.
He saluted the sub-committees for their hard work, but insisted that without immediate implementation, the tournament will suffer in quality and expectation.
Ghana hosts seven other countries for the 9th edition of the championship that laces Africa’s best in Hockey from July 10-18.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash
Queen marks her 95th birthday today without Prince Philip
Stop conniving with Chinese to destroy rivers and water bodies – Sanitation Minister
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
Kasoa Murder: Court orders police to ascertain suspect’s age
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report