Audio By Carbonatix
After Kaka, Samuel Eto'o and Ricardo Carvalho, Luis Fabiano has become the latest player to reject Manchester City's advances by claiming he only wants to join AC Milan.
The Brazil striker, who top scored at last month's Confederations Cup, is currently in negotiations to join the Italian giants from Sevilla.
But despite the lure of the millions of pounds on offer from Manchester City's billionaire owners, the forward has his heart set on a switch to the rossonero, according to his agent Jose Fuentes.
"It's true that Manchester City have made an offer but I am 100 percent behind a move to Milan and the player is also 100 percent behind a move to Milan," he told Italian website calciomercato.it.
"Right now there is no news, everything's blocked. Officially I don't know if there's a meeting planned between Milan and Sevilla in the next few days but I believe Milan will get in touch with Sevilla again this week to make a new offer.
"I want to think positively and hence Luis Fabiano going to Milan is the only thing I want to think about at the moment."
City, who have been linked with almost every available player on the market, have had a frustrating summer in their bid to recruit the kind of top quality player needed to help their push for a top four finish in the Premier League next season.
While Kaka chose Real Madrid and Eto'o seems more interested in a switch to their cross town rivals United, City have also come up against stiff resistance in their bid for Chelsea captain John Terry.
Despite constant speculation Carlos Tevez is also yet to put pen to paper and now Luis Fabiano has become the latest player to snub the Citizens.
Source: AFP
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
14 minutes -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
55 minutes -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
1 hour -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
1 hour -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
2 hours -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
2 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
2 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
2 hours -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
2 hours -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
2 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, calls for urgent environmental action
2 hours -
TMA holds first ordinary meeting, discusses development, challenges, progress
2 hours -
PAC calls for closure of livestock market near the national mosque
2 hours -
Security agencies don’t need my permission to arrest you – Speaker Bagbin to MPs
2 hours