Following some good performances last weekend, the UEFA club competitions gave the platform to Ghanaian players once again in midweek with quite a number of them excelling once again.
Here’s a wrap of the performances of players in action for their respective clubs:
In the Champions League, Kamal Sowah scored in Club Brugge’s 2-0 victory over Atletico Madrid on Tuesday as they moved to the top of the group. The goal was the forward’s second in the competition having scored in the previous game.
In the game between Ajax and Napoli, Mohammed Kudus became the first Ghanaian to score in three consecutive Champions League games despite the 6-1 drubbing of his side. Kudus continues to impress in the 2022/23 season.
During HJK Helsinki’s 1-1 Europa League draw with Ludogorets Razgrad, Abdul Malik Abubakari played 64 minutes. In the same game, Bernard Tekpetey played 61 minutes for the opposition.
Kwabena Owusu excelled as Qarabag FK defeated Olympiacos 3-0 on the road in Greece. Owusu opened the score before Filip Ozobic replaced him in the 90th minute.
In Arsenal’s 3-0 victory over Norwegian side Bodo/Glimt, Thomas Partey played no part. Eddie Nketiah lasted 82 minutes of action and was credited with a goal.
Inform Freiburg beat FC Nantes 2-0 thanks to a second goal from Daniel-Kofi Kyereh. For the travellers, Dennis Appiah played 78 minutes.
Sheriff Tiraspol fell to Real Sociedad 2-0 at home. In the second half, Mudasiru Salifu and Patrick Kpodo were all inserted into the contest; Razak Abalora, once more, was not included in the matchday roster.
FK Crevna Zvezda crushed Ferencvaros by a score of 4-1 in Belgrade to earn their first victory in the competition. Osman Bukari missed the action due to injury as Ibrahim Mustapha was given a ten minutes cameo.
In Austria, Sturm Graz held SS Lazio to a scoreless tie. Gregory Wuthrich, a Ghanaian-born Swiss defender who entered the game after 70 minutes, played superbly. Mohammed Fusseini was a substitute.
In the Conference League, West Ham United defeated Anderlecht 1-0. Majeed Ashimeru played for 65 minutes before being replaced by Francis Amuzu right before the end of the first half.
Surprisingly, Silkeborg FK of Denmark humiliated FC Basel 5-0 in the JYSK Arena. Emmanuel Essiam and Kasim Nuhu Adams failed to travel.
Elisha Owusu came on at the beginning of the second half in KAA Gent’s 1-0 loss at home to Djurgaarden.
Ghanaian duo of Emmanuel Yeboah and Adjei Boateng were in action for CFR Cluj as they clinched a 1-0 win over Slavia Prague.
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change