According to the Director of Communications at the Jubilee House, Eugene Arhin, the Minister of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development, Daniel Botwe, is expected to receive the list on Thursday morning.
In a post on Facebook, Mr Arhin wrote; “Expect the list to be announced by the Minister very soon.”
In January 2021, Akufo-Addo directed all MMDCEs to remain at post until new ones are appointed.
After nine months into his second term, he is yet to announce his MMDCEs, a development that has raised concerns about the effective operations of the metropolitan, municipal, and district assemblies.
However, the President during his two-day tour of the Western North Region made his first appointment and confirmed Mr Yawson Amoah as the new District Chief Executive (DCE) of the Akontombra district.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today
Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s hoax shooting to reappear in court today
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Mohamed Salah breaks Premier League goals record for Africa
Farmers in Ghana ready to grow genetically modified cowpea
Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid coup reports
Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
Manchester United 0-5 Liverpool: ‘This was a terrible mismatch and Solskjaer has to take blame?’
Today’s front pages: Monday, October 25, 2021
3 in Police custody for faking kidnapping incident in Takoradi