The heightened tension and animosity between the camp of President John Evans Atta Mills and former President Jerry John Rawlings, over the alleged presidential ambition of the former First Lady appears to have started way back in April, this year, on foreign frontiers.
The Chronicle intelligence picked up information on how the current First Lady, Mrs, Ernestina Naadu Mills and the former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings, nearly engaged in a verbal brawl at an international conference in Brussels, Belgium, which was attended by the two ladies in April, this year.
The two Stateswomen nearly created a nasty scene at the Extraordinary Session of the Crans Montana Forum on Africa, on Saturday 10th April, this year, when the First Lady declined to sit beside her predecessor on the high table. The First Lady reportedly refused to sit by the former first lady at the session, resulting in a near verbal scuffle.
But for the agility and diplomacy of the former Minister of Environment Science and Technology in the erstwhile NDC administration, Mrs. Christiana Amoako Nuamah, the two distinguished ladies would have marred what appeared to be a successful international conference.
According to sources close to the conference, the two ladies were billed to address the conference, which was attended by present and former First Ladies, alongside women of international political repute, and they had been offered seats on the high table.
The conference was under the theme – “Reaching out to the youth; and in particular – Girls – Support for their involvement in societal affairs and governance.”
The First Fady reportedly raised objection to the sitting arrangement and did not like the idea of sitting close to the founder and President of the 31st December Women’s Movement.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo