The Greater Accra Divisional Head of the Ghana Medical Association has advised the public to never forget preventive measures put in place by the World Health Organisation to help curb the spread of Covid-19.
Dr Ernest Yorke who was speaking on the Super Morning Show stressed that the only way to control the spread of the virus while living with it is to continuously practice social distancing as was done to control the spread of SARS in China in 2002 and MERS in 2015.
“In 2002 there was the outbreak of SARS in China and MERS a few years ago, and now we have Covid-19. In all of these outbreaks of a pandemic, what controlled the disease was maintaining physical distancing and wearing face masks.
“That is the only way and that is the safe tested way of controlling a pandemic that is transmitted human to human,” the endocrinologist explained.
He appealed to the public to remember to practice the measure among the others as the government deliberates how the country would live with the virus.
“So while this debate that is happening now in Ghana whether to relax or not relax [restrictions], we should live with; I think we should never forget that whatever the final decision will be from the government each preventive principle must remain – maintaining physical distancing, the hand hygiene and the wearing of face masks.”
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display