The Kwabre Kenyasi Police in the Ashanti Region have arrested a Nigerien national found possessing bags of fertiliser suspected to be part of the ones subsidised by government.
Shaibu Adamu was arrested with 556 bags of the fertilisers at Abirem-Jamase near Kenyasi on Friday. He was however granted bail on the same day.
According to Police sources, Shaibu claimed to have taken delivery of the fertiliser from an unnamed man in exchange for lumber the man had failed to pay for.
He has since declined to offer Police information on the name and contact details of the said man, after several rounds of interrogation.
The 50kg size sacks containing the fertilisers, have Ghana Cocoa Board inscriptions embossed on them.
It was seized from a warehouse at Abirem-Jamase on the Kenyasi-Amoam-Achiase road after Police intelligence.
The Ashanti Regional Police Criminal Investigations Department has taken over investigations whilst police launch a manhunt for suspected accomplices.
Meanwhile, COCOBOD has confirmed the fertilisers were meant for distribution to a group of farmers.
An official, who pleaded anonymity says the board will collaborate with Police in the investigations.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Alternative Livelihoods Project: 3,000 former illegal miners gain employment
- Record Botswana diamond sales in 2022 as Russia shunned
- Thomas Moore Adingo: Why should private health insurance players be unhappy with GAB activities?
- Nigeria election 2023: The oil land with no electricity
- Pope in DR Congo: ‘Hands off Africa’ says Pope Francis in Kinshasa speech
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Civil Society Organisations urged to step up HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDE: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh
- SIGA targets 25% contribution to GDP by SOEs in 2023