The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) has shut three filling stations for dispensing fuel less than the quantity consumers pay for in Sunyani in the Bono Region.
The stations are; Frimps oil at Penkwase, Goil near Eusbett Hotel and Engen, all in the Sunyani township.
In the case of Frimps, all the seven dispensing units functioning at the time of the visit were underdelivering, whilst, Goil and Engen had two and four of their nozzles underdelivering respectively.
However, the NPA team observed that some of the nozzles at these filling stations were dispensing the petroleum products more than what the consumer had paid for.
The random exercise was undertaken after the team led by Kwadwo Odarno Appiah and Eunice Budu Nyarko, Bono Regional Manager and Consumer Services Manager respectively, sensitised commercial drivers and traders at the Nana Bosoma market, popularly known as Wednesday market in the Sunyani municipal area of the Bono Region.
The Bono Regional Manager emphasised that the Authority will continue to monitor the operations of fuel stations to ensure consumers have value for money.
He said the defaulting fuel stations are going to be sanctioned.
“The Authority will require a report on investigations carried out by the stations as to what caused the anomalies of the nozzles”, he said.
He further cautioned fuel stations to desist from the practice of using ramps and shaking of vehicles when dispensing fuel.
“The NPA will not hesitate to lock temporarily, stations caught using ramps”, he hinted.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Go fully digital – Akufo-Addo to Lands Commission
- KNUST College of Engineering Endowment Fund targets 50 million cedis
- Avatar: The Way of Water world premiered in London
- Smoke out killers of Borae Ahenfie – Dominic Nitiwul tasks security agencies
- Anglogold Ashanti addresses inequalities holding back HIV/AIDS response through mini clinics
- Government urged to increase budgetary allocation for child protection
- Justice Dennis Adjei is only West African in next Inns of Court Fellowship
- Over 2 billion World Cup viewers on TV so far – FIFA President
- Tertiary education heading towards danger due to strikes – NUGS
- NIC Boss commended on sustained sensitisation drives
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- Ato Essien Trial: Court did not say state prosecutors were compromised – Judicial Secretary
- TUTAG rejects debt exchange programme
- Addis Ababa: Adom FM Editor Kwasi Agyeman invited to join APRM Communications Network