A stalwart of the New Patriotic Party, (NPP), says the grassroots of the party are calling for Alan Kyerematen to lead the party into the 2024 polls.
Hopeson Adorye insists the party members say it is the turn of the Trade Minister to lead the party.
According to him, they are of the view that he has served the party enough.
Due to this belief, they want him to resign and indicate his readiness to lead the party.
“The grassroots are yearning for Alan Kyerematen. They keep saying that he should resign from government and declare his intention for party business to go on.”
“I am overwhelmed by the numbers.”
He spoke at the march of some party supporters in the Ashanti Regional capital, Kumasi on Saturday, August 13, to declare their support for Mr. Kyerematen.
He, however, explained that the directive by the party came at a time when organisers of the event had made advanced preparations for the march.
Meanwhile, he has asked the national leadership of the party to draw the modalities for interested aspirants to obey.
“I want the national executives to come out and draw the lines on what supporters and aspirants can do.”
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya