The journey to claiming the coveted trophy of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) is one participating schools do not downplay for any reason.
Winning the national competition becomes an envious desire every year as such an achievement cements a school’s record in the country, at least as regards the study of science and maths.
Another spectacular scene was witnessed on Wednesday, October 26, during the last contest of the 2022 NSMQ which featured the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School, Prempeh and Adisadel Colleges.
In a classic fashion, a member of the 2021 Prempeh College team – Evans Oppong – returned the trophy back to the stage for grabs by any school that emerged winner of the contest.
It was such a delight for many as it eased the tension in the room and blew up exciting cheers from the crowd.
That happened after the end of the Round 3 of the contest. Already, Prempeh College and Presec-Legon were having a neck-to-neck competition to slay the other.
While the ‘Amanfuor’ were seeking to claim their sixth trophy to equalise the record of Presec, the latter was bent on extending its lead as the best school in science and mathematics in Ghana.
The return of the trophy and the sight of same heightened the desire by the finalists to make their schools proud on the national stage.
At the end of the fifth and last round, the ‘Odadeɛs’ were crowned the 2022 winners of the competition, making it their seventh time as national champions.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes