Obaasima Summit in partnership with Guinness Ghana Breweries PLC has taken its third regional campus tour for the year to the University of Development Studies, Tamale.
This year’s edition of the regional tour kick-started in the Greater Accra Region at the Ralph Sylvanus Amegashie Hall, University of Ghana Business School in Accra.
Also, another event was held on the campus of the University of Education, Winneba on Friday, March 25, at the Jophus Anamuah Mensah Conference Centre, aimed at imbibing the tenets of women empowerment in students, a directive that facilitates the progressive portrayal of women.
The Obaasima Summit campus tours are mainly geared towards empowering women on the underpinnings of synergism and teamwork, networking, oratory/public speaking, branding, preparing and acing your interviews.
This year’s edition of the Guinness Ghana Obaasima Summit is themed “Progressive Portrayal: Building Capacity for Elevation”.
Addressing attendees of the summit, former Ambassador to Italy and Former Upper West Regional Minister, Tangoba Abayage noted that, the weaknesses posed by individualism can only be defeated by the pursuance of synergism.
She espoused that, the greatest achievements chalked by humanity have been attained through the collective efforts of teamwork, hence, where there is a weakness in working alone, such weakness is complemented by strength in teamwork.
Other Prominent speakers who addressed attendees at the summit were the Managing Partner of Mahogany Consult, Baaba Coffie, Head of Sales and Marketing at ATL, Petra Aba Asamoah, Business Manager Universal Merchant Bank Sunyani Branch Lioba Yamaale Guo and Divisional Sales Manager, Northern Division, Guinness Ghana, John Osei Akoto.
The campus tour will be held at the All Nations University in Koforidua for the Eastern Regional Edition of the tour.
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- We were not consulted on National Rental Assistance Scheme – Tenant’s Union
- Overheating, reusing oil increases cholesterol levels – Expert advises
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Teacher confesses to having sex in classroom with 12-year-old, police say
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Nigeria disagrees with ‘surprise’ Moody’s downgrade – Finance minister
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Alleged spy balloon over US is weather device – China
- I was admonishing Senyo Hosi on his emotions, not bondholders – John Kumah
- Public outrage in South Africa over possible Spurs sponsorship deal
- Let’s give peace a chance -U/E Regional Minister appeals
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- NPP likely to hold presidential primaries in November
- Designer Paco Rabanne dies aged 88
- Nigerian singer Oxlade fined ₦5m over leaked sex tape