Audio By Carbonatix
AC Milan have officially confirmed that David Beckham is to remain at the Rossoneri until the end of the season, on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy.
A brief communiqué on the official Milan website reads as follows:
"AC Milan announces that the footballer David Beckham will remain with the Rossonero until June 30, 2009."
The Italian media, led by Goal.com Italy, announced that the move was to take place this morning, with Beckham himself telling the Associated Press that he was delighted to have secured the switch.
"I am grateful to both clubs for making this dream come true," he said earlier today.
"I will be able to play for Milan and the Galaxy in the same season, hence keeping with my commitment to the Major League Soccer in order to develop football in the USA, which is something I feel really passionate about."
Beckham, 33, arrived in Italy at the turn of the year, and has scored two league goals since then as Milan continue their faint Scudetto challenge.
His performances have given what was judged by some in Europe to be a declining career a shot in the arm; this, along with his eminent marketability, led Milan to seek to extend his deal.
However, the Galaxy's reluctance to let their prized asset leave, along with many financial concerns surrounding the move, caused a series of delays.
But today it is confirmed that Beckham will be at Milan until the end of the season, returning in time to help Los Angeles complete the second half of their 2009 Major League Soccer campaign.
Quite how he will be received upon his return, given his frequent statements outlining his desire to continue in Milan, is unclear, but a small number of Galaxy fans have already publicly voiced their disapproval for 'Becks.'
Nonetheless Beckham remains a hot property in the American football scene and several onlookers, including neutrals, will hope for his swift return.
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Haaland and Odegaard head Norway World Cup squad
4 hours -
Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland
4 hours -
Arteta told of title win by crying son – while having barbecue
4 hours -
Meta settles social media addiction case with US school district
4 hours -
Southampton’s Eckert authorised spying missions
4 hours -
Foden and Palmer to miss out on World Cup squad
5 hours -
Hamilton says he has no plans to retire from F1
5 hours -
Nvidia’s latest record earnings fail to impress investors
5 hours -
Dozens of vehicles burnt as Mali jihadists enforce blockade ahead of Eid holiday
5 hours -
Walmart warns US shoppers are cutting spending as higher petrol prices bite
5 hours -
Dr Abena Nyarkoa to join panel discussion at Africa Together Conference in Cambridge
5 hours -
Toilets and changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, guidance confirms
6 hours -
Emily in Paris to end after sixth season, says Netflix
6 hours -
Flexible exchange rate regime critical in absorbing external shocks – First Deputy Governor
6 hours -
Angry crowd sets Ebola hospital tents on fire in DR Congo
6 hours