Relief has come to Asanteman Senior High School students in Kumasi after a mechanised borehole was drilled for the school.
The help comes following several reports that said that the school has been affected by water crises.
Some items, including two dust bins, 100 buckets, among other things amounting to ¢25,000, were donated to the school.
District Chief Executive for Amansie South, Clement Opoku Gyamfi, and Baba Saddick Adams, a sports journalist, made the kind gesture to the students.
Both couldn’t stand the news and so had to work together to address the challenge.
Mr Gyamfi said it was wise to help out as old students.
Mr Adams and Gyamfi are looking at other supports to address the challenges of the school.
There are also plans to construct a sports complex for the school in the future, taking into account the school’s accomplishments in every sporting discipline over the years.
The headmaster of the School, Nathaniel Antwi Asamoah, was grateful to the former students and encouraged them to do more.
He pledged the facilities would be used effectively to ensure value for money.
Mr Anwti also listed some other challenges, including inadequate classroom blocks, toilet facilities, dumping sites, teachers’ bungalows, among others, and described them as unbearable.
He called on the government, NGOs, and other individuals to come to the aid of the school.
Some of the students also expressed their excitement about the support to the school.
- We are investigating alleged impersonation of Adwoa Safo in Parliament – Ablakwa
- Presec alumni to petition Primetime over “raw deal” during 2021 NSMQ final
- Ghana detects Omicron variant – GHS Director
- Minority Caucus moves motion to overturn approval of 2022 budget
- Akuapem Poloo to serve 82 days in jail as court dismisses her appeal
- Adwoa Safo trends on social media after claims of alleged impersonation
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Fuel prices go down marginally
- ‘Very soon, we’ll get to know whether Adwoa Safo was in the House or not’ – Muntaka Mubarak
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
Government is proud of your support for agric policies – Minister tells farmers
Roche sets up Chemo Unit for breast cancer treatment at Ho Teaching Hospital
Covid-19: Tightening surveillance at airports better than red-listing countries – Immunologist on Omicron variant
Photos: AMA health officers caution mechanic for operating in inflammable environment
Covid-19: Sanctions for unvaccinated drivers a wrong approach – GPRTU
2 dead, others in critical condition after motorbike accident in Savannah Region
Digital health the surest way to improve healthcare delivery – PharmAccess’ Maxwell Antwi
Let’s disband witch camps – Prof Naana Opoku-Agyemang
Ketasco 1994 year group provides water tanks for alma mater
NSMQ 2021: Prempeh College wins AirtelTigo Highest Scorer cash prize of ¢10,000
Tour Operators’ Union of Ghana outdoors maiden newsletter
GACA 2021 rewards Arts and Culture Industry excellence
Covid-19 vaccines are safe; go for vaccination – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Omicron in Ghana: Averting a 4th Covid-19 wave’
‘Avoid the theatrics and delve into the substantives’ – Mahama Ayariga tells Majority