Former Asante Kotoko captain Opoku Nti is the leading contender to replace the embattled Sylvester Asare-Owusu as Chief Executive despite his little or no administrative experience.
Asare-Owusu is likely to face a five-year suspension from football administration after a government enquiry implicated him for his role in February’s overcrowding incidence at the Baba Yara stadium.
Should the ban be enforced, the 48-year old former international has been lined up to take over the vacant role at the club after a number of high profile names were linked with the job.
Ghanasoccenet sources in Kumasi indicate that Nti has been regular at Kotoko’s training grounds in recent days interacting with the technical team, players and fans.
Insiders say his actions are meant to acquaint himself with his new responsibility of rescuing Kotoko’s ailing campaign.
Reports are rife that the Life Patron of the club, Otumfuo Osei Tutu, will disband the current management team.
Nti was a member of Ghana’s victorious 1982 African Cup of Nations winning team as well as the unsuccessful 1984 squad.
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
Positive portrayal of women in arts is everyone’s responsibility
There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him
Notorious counterfeit baron arrested at Gomoa Buduburam
Tonto Dikeh urges others to sign petition to get Akuapem Poloo pardoned
Estate developer dragged to court for supplying untreated water
Court rejects bail application of business executive held over spousal murder
KMA to offer support to Kumasi Central market fire victims
I almost quit music – Amakye Dede
What I learned when my ex-boyfriend dumped me on Valentine’s Day
Bare with us concerning ‘dumsor’ timetable – GRIDCo
The moment society taught me what it meant to be a woman
Government is expanding TVET education to increase enrollment – Kumawu MP
Volta Region records 137 road crashes in first quarter of 2021
Joe Ghartey missed out on ministerial appointment due to his flagbearer ambition – Ben Ephson
Persistent cement price increases raise concerns among building construction players