A group aligned to the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Upper East Region has petitioned President Akufo-Addo and Regional Executives of the party not to reappoint their former Bongo District Chief Executive Officer (DCE).
The Concerned NPP Faithful’s says Peter Ayinbisa Ayamga, is unfit to oversee happenings of the district on behalf of the President.
In a statement, the group accused the former DCE of causing the defeat of the NPP in the 2020 presidential and parliamentary election in the Bongo constituency.
According to the group, the DCE is taking their tolerance for weakness, thus, insulting their intelligence.
In the five-paged statement, the group highlighted some 19 alleged misdeeds perpetrated by Mr Ayamga since he assumed office.
The Concerned NPP Faithful’s believed that due to the allegations their former DCE is not qualified to be reappointed.
Amongst the accusations, the group complained that, the former DCE has denied party agents payment due them after the 2020 elections.
They also accused him of misappropriating funds meant for the party for his own parochial interest.
“Our DCE continues to undermine the intelligence, tolerance, and leniency of party members in the constituency to a level which members can no longer tolerate, withstand and accommodate,” the statement read.
However, in an interview with JoyNews, Mr Ayamga described the allegations as “unfounded” and “untrue”.
According to him, he has written to the Party’s Regional Secretariat in response to the accusations.
Mr Peter Ayinbisa stressed that he will not engage in any “social media” exchanges with his accusers adding that he believes the party is capable of handling the matter.
He said in all things the supreme interest of the party reigns so he would wait for the party heads to make a pronouncement on the matter.
According to him, the group is doing so to paint him black to make their favourite get appointed to represent government in the district.
“At the end of the day, the appointment authority will make the decision to either keep me or appoint another person. My work is there for everyone to see,” he said.
- Dr Addo-Kufuor dismisses claims of being 3rd richest man in Ghana
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up
- Modern Floors products to be available in Northern Ghana soon – CEO
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah