The Marine division of the Ghana Police is said to be working tirelessly to find hiplife artiste Castro and his female companion, Janet Bandu, who went missing Sunday while riding a jet ski.
Rescue operations started Sunday for Castro known in private life as Theophilus Tagoe and Janet after the incident.
Castro and Black Stars captain, Asamoah Gyan were at Aqua Safari, a beach resort in Ada, together with some friends, on Friday for recreation when the musician went jet skiing.
There were reports that Castro might have drowned while trying to save the lady who is alleged to have fallen off the bike.
Robert Mensah, who said he was with Castro at the resort before he went missing, told Joy FM’s Super Morning Show that he has been overwhelmed by the level of dedication shown by the police.
According to him, the Marine police have been at the Peace Holiday Resort since last night and are working frantically to find the two.
Robert also disclosed that an unidentified body has been discovered at a nearby village. He said a team is heading to the village to identify the body.
Joy News’ Benjamin Tetteh, who is also at the scene, told Myjoyonline.com Monday morning that, the Marine Police have deployed modern equipment in their search.
Janet Bandu, has been identified as an upcoming actress who took part in Multi-TV’s reality show ‘I’m In Love with Bomaye’ in 2012.
She is a graduate of the Ghallywood Academy of Film Acting.
Video: Revellers capture Castro and Janet Bandu on Jet Ski moments before the incident.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Livestream: Parliament to vote on Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s efforts to restore debt sustainability – IMF to bilateral creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees