Executive Chairman of McDan Group, Daniel McKorley, was on the Super Morning Show to speak about his private jet terminal at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).
He highlighted the benefits of the terminal to the country, emphasising that the economic benefit to the country is enormous.
Details on commercial private jet services
McDan Aviation in 2019 received a licence to operate what can be described as the first purpose-built FBO, offering business aircraft operators a secure and private alternative to the airport’s main terminal for international travels.
The facility will include a VIP lounge, a presidential suite, a crew lounge, and flight planning office as well as conference facilities and a hanger.
It will also have facilities that will allow passengers and crew to complete customers and immigration procedures in the same building in addition to a restaurant and in-flight catering.
According to the Executive Chairman of McDan Group, the facility will make it easier for travels across the region and the world by businesses wanting to quickly close deals and get back home.
Securing Terminal One from Ghana Airport Company
Mr. McKorley also rejected reports that Terminal 1 was a handout from the government.
He maintained that this is purely a private business transaction with Ghana Airports Company and McDan Aviation, structured under a lease agreement over a period.
The terminal will be launched on Friday, January 28, 2022, at the Kotoka International Airport Terminal 1 at 4 pm.
- Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
- I was once a victim of ‘juju’ attack – Yvonne Nelson
- The only time Gender Minister’s absence bothered Akufo-Addo was during E-Levy passage – Agbenyo laments social protection situation
- 7 fascinating facts about female masturbation that everyone should know
- Mbappe rejects Real Madrid and will renew with PSG!
- We’ll be in ‘dumsor’ if new capacity generation contract is not signed within 4 years – Kweku Awotwi
- Twitter users debate content of Black Sherif’s ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ video
- ‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
- ‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues
- One-year-old boy dies after being raped by 2 Russian soldiers, Ukraine says
Livestream: The Law discusses implications of invalid by-laws
Kwabena Afrifa Jnr: Colorblind
Tolon SHS temporarily closed down after fire outbreak at dormitory
Desist from capitalising on Nkoranza crisis for your own interests – Police warns
Exercise caution in your work to prevent loss of lives – IET urges engineers
‘Companies wanted to pay me less because I am an Ewe-speaking artist’ – Edem
Aggrieved NPP supporters in Aowin set party office on fire over constituency elections
29 cleared to contest NPP Volta Regional Executives elections
I have the grace of God but worked hard to achieve all I have – Scott Evans
‘I will urge Cheddar to bring more tigers; it’s a good idea to boost our tourism’ – A-Plus
Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
Achimota Forest would have been an Ecotourism Park if NDC was in power – Jinapor
‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
History will keep repeating itself until you change it
‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues