THE Professional League Board has rescheduled two of the weekend’s games for a later date as the premiership enters match-day-24.
The decision by the league organisers means four premiership sides would have free weekend as the remaining six clubs slug it out at various match centres across the country.
Bofoakwa Tano’s home match at the Coronation Park in Sunyani with Feyenoord Academy has been postponed to March 4 as the two clubs make way for an international game to be played at the venue tomorrow.
Ghana’s Olympic side would take on their Nigerian opponents in the first leg tie of the final qualifier for the All-African Games competition at the Coronation park.
And by competition rules, the away team must have access to the grounds 24 hours before the game thus ruling out the possibility of premiership game coming off a day before the international fixture.
The other game deferred for another date is the Berekum Arsenals tie with AshantiGold.
The Miners who have five players engaged in national assignments for the Olympic team and the junior national side, the Black Starlets, sought the postponement of the game.
Both sides would now honour their weekend’s game on March 11 at the Golden City park.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Ghana School of Law to celebrate legacy of Okyeame Baffour Osei Akoto
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited
Government procures 4 more pre-assembled P3 labs for Covid-19 testing – Dr Kuma-Aboagye
2020 Volta Regional Best Cocoa Farmer awardees finally receive prizes after Joy News report
Obour reacts to Mark Okraku Mantey’s deputy ministerial appointment
Senior U.S. commerce official discusses trade partnership with Ghanaian businesses
Some 33 immigrants from West Africa deported for using unapproved routes
Dam serving about 3900 residents of Yoggu dries up
Consultants who overprice road projects will be prosecuted – Roads Minister
Sekondi-Takoradi to have a dual carriage road
Fate of AirtelTigo must not be like most government parastatals – Sam George
African countries at risk of major measles over delayed vaccination exercise, WHO says
Joe Biden commits to slashing US greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030 – nearly doubling its previous target
New Ayoma JHS ‘A’ classroom block in a dilapidated state
I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again