The Police in Sunyani have arrested a 28-year-old man for allegedly killing two boys.
Richard Appiah was arrested after the father of one of his victims, Louis Agyemang Junior, aged 12, reported him to the police.
According to the police statement sighted by JoyNews, Thomas Adjei reported that the suspect, who is also his stepson, had come for Louis around 5:30 pm on Friday, August 20.
However, at about 10 pm, Mr Adjei said his younger son had still not returned home.
Accompanied by his four brothers, the complainant arrested the suspect, who he believed knew the whereabouts of the 12-year-old boy and brought him to the station for questioning.
The Police, together with the complainant and suspect, then proceeded to the house where the suspect resides in the Alaska area near Abesim.
The statement revealed that the team found the deceased lying in a supine position in a room, while another murdered person was found in a different room.
During a further search of the house, pieces of flesh suspected to be parts of a different person were found in a double door fridge.
The name of that deceased was given as Stephen, aged 15 years. Parents of the other victims are yet to identify their bodies.
Meanwhile, the Regional Crime Scene Management team, Regional Crime Officer and District Commander in Sunyani assist with the investigations.
JoyNews sources have disclosed that the IGP is on his way there for first-hand information on the issue and to commend the community members for their ability to smoke the alleged murderer out.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- NIA to suspend services at 34 registration centres from Oct. 25 to Nov. 2
- Okada Riders Association reject government quadricycles
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
LEAP beneficiaries to be paid from October 25 to 29
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Unemployed graduate – think about your pension
IGP visits Police officers involved in Walewale-Bolgatanga accident
Take education seriously – GFA tells players at maiden BARFA Women Awards