A pregnant mother and her children have died after fire gutted their home at Ohwim in Kumasi, Monday night.
The family died when they got trapped in their rooms.
The charred remains of Philomena Osei and her two boys have since been deposited at the morgue of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
Residents say the recent fire outbreak in the 3-bedroom house makes it the third in a short period, hence some suspect arson.
The fire is said to have started about 11:30 pm with the mother and two children trapped inside one of the rooms.
According to residents, they phoned the National Fire Service who upon arrival could not douse the fire due to the severity of the fire.
They called for support and finally doused the fire.
Her eldest daughter who was in another room managed to escape the fire.
According to her, she attempted rescuing her mother and brothers but the metallic door to their room was too hot to break in.
Properties at the house are burnt completely with the charred remains burnt beyond recognition.
A team of Police, Fire and NADMO officials who visited the scene are yet to establish the cause of the fire as preliminary investigations get underway.
Ashanti Regional Fire Commander, ACFO Henry Giwah, is advising people to make alternative exit points in their homes so they can escape from fire incidents.
- Player Ratings: Black Stars suffer 3-0 defeat to Brazil
- Fitch downgrades Ghana from ‘CCC’ to ‘CC’
- Fitch downgrades Ghana to further ‘junk’ status
- Police fire tear gas to disperse protesting final year UEW students
- Obaapa Christy has hidden our last child from me since he was 2 – Ex-husband
- Otto Addo names Black Stars line-up for Brazil friendly
- Brazil’s first half brilliance ensures 3-0 victory over Black Stars
- Otto Addo admits Brazil selection gaffe, pledges to do better
- How the Black Stars came to be known as the “Brazil of Africa”
- US Embassy to clear student visa applications backlog
- GITFiC launches book on AfCFTA
- We’re poised to minimise debt restructuring’s impact on financial systems – Finance Ministry
- Black Sherif releases date of his debut album titled ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Voter registration: EC’s recalcitrance poses the biggest threat to Ghana’s democracy – Sam George
- Hasaacas Ladies announce marquee signing Firdous Yakubu from Ashtown Ladies
- EPCG Divine Grace Parish donate to shore up KATH blood bank
- Close down schools in Bawku over insecurity – Heads of basic schools urge GES
- Brazil exposed set piece weaknesses that Ghana has to address before the World Cup
- Joel Bortey: Tough loss against Brazil but there is time to work on mistakes
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor: Law school exam leak – GLC’s IEC must be dissolved
- Ghana card has become a tool to infringe on peoples rights – Bright Simons
- Thomas Partey’s late exclusion from Brazil clash was precautionary
- Slamm Foundation launches Nimde3 App that teaches IT skills in local languages
- Brazil 0-3 Ghana: How Brazil floored Black Stars in first half horror show
- Government must consider external debt restructuring, ignore resulting political effect – Bright Simons