The President Nana Akufo-Addo, today, Friday, 8th June, 2018, started a 3-day tour of the Western Region.
This follows the completion of a similar tour undertaken in the Brong Ahafo Region by the President, from 18th May, 2018, to 20th May, 2018.
Day one of the President’s tour will see him cut the sod for the construction of the 24.3 kilometre Kojina-Chirano-Etwebo Akoti road. He will also launch the Ghana Agriculture Census. The President is also expected to meet with Chiefs from Sefwi-Wiawso, Bibiani, Anhwiaso, Bekwai, Juaboso, Bia East, Bia West, Beodi, Akontombra and Suaman.
On Saturday, 9th June, the President will cut the sod for the construction of the 30km road stretching from Asankragua to Fordjokrom; interact with Chiefs from Amenfi East, Amenfi Central, Aowin and Amenfi West; and end the day with a meeting with chiefs from Prestea Huni-Valley, Tarkwa Nsuem, Mpohor and Wassa East.
On the final day of his 3-day tour, the President will inspect ongoing construction works on the Sea Defense Wall at Dixcove; cut the sod for the construction of a 16km road from Kejibir to Mpohor at Mpohor; inspect the ongoing Port Expansion Project at Takoradi; and address a durbar of chiefs from Nzema East, Ellembelle, Jomoro, Ahanta West, Kwesimintsim, Efia, Takoradi, Sekondi, Essikado-Ketan and Shama at Agona Nkwanta.
The President will return to Accra later on Sunday, 10th June, 2018.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo