The most anticipated event in the Ashanti Region this year, the Vodafone Ghana TurnUp Party, came off at the Royal Parade Grounds on the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) campus.
The event, which forms part of activities under Vodafone’s Ashanti Month initiative, brought together industry greats such as R2Bees, S3fa, and Mr Drew, who thrilled patrons with impressive performances.
Alongside these outstanding performances was the display of talent on the turntables by one of Ghana’s finest disc jockeys, DJ Aroma, serving fans with groovy music that kept them on their feet all night long.
Fans received a tremendous bonus when Darko Vibes and Tulenky came on stage to provide back-to-back surprise performances.
The event was also characterised by the live performance of the Vodafone TurnUp Star, Yaw Jem, who emerged winner of the Vodafone Next TurnUp Star competition before the event.
The Vodafone TurnUp Party was undoubtedly a huge success, as it saw massive attendance by students and residents of Kumasi and beyond.
The fun-packed party was preceded by a Vodafone Cash Bazaar on campus, allowing patrons to enjoy heavy discounts on purchases from different vendors with their Vodafone Cash wallets while winning many cool prizes.
Speaking about the event, Director of the Enterprise Business Unit and Wholesale at Vodafone Ghana, Tawa Bolarin, expressed excitement with the massive turnout.
“It was a beautiful scenery filled with an ecstatic audience which jammed to the enthralling performances by great artistes.
“Vodafone encourages a healthy balance of work and fun, and it is a great pleasure to see many people have fun today after a long week of school or work activities.”
Tawa added that Vodafone TurnUp was part of activities to mark the 2022 Vodafone Ashanti Month, a campaign that focuses on the Ashanti Region by undertaking a score of socially impactful initiatives in June every year.
“Indeed, hosting the TurnUp Party here at KNUST is no coincidence. It was a deliberate effort by the Vodafone Ghana team to signify its focus on the Ashanti Region this month, supporting all areas of the region during the Ashanti Month campaign.”
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Socialite Van Calebs criticises popular comedians for offensive jokes
- Tottenham reach agreement with Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou to become their new manager
- Lay down your arms, we are one people -Yagbonwura appeals to factions in Lukula conflict